Monday, July 20, 2015

$4 DIY TYPOGRAPHY FRAMED ART

So today I decided I have so much fun wall art that I'm going to do a gallery wall in my new apartment. The trick to gallery walls is to have a good combination of art, text, and photos. Which was I lacking? The text! 

I've seen so many cute gallery walls online, and there's almost always cool quotes in minimalist designs. I realize this is a super easy DIY, but not everyone may know the best way to do it, so here we go....


All you need to do to start is go on photoshop, or an equivalent. (Pixlr editor is a free online photoshop!) Create a very large blank image; make sure the smaller side, length or width, is still at least 1000px. You want your image to be high quality when you print it. If you already know what size frame you're getting, you can constrain the proportions and crop the image. (I did 8in x 10in for my proportions when I cropped it)

From here, get creative! Add your favorite quote, song lyrics, or even just a cool word. You can do it horizontally or vertically. Then when my images were completed and saved, I went on Walgreens photo online to order my prints.

Lucky for me, there was a little sale, so it was only $6 for both of my 8x10 prints! You can also try Kinko's or CVS or your home printer if you have photo paper. I like to print my pictures at Walgreens instead of at home, because I feel like the ink ends up being more expensive at home.

Just remember, the larger the print you want, the larger your photoshop image needs to be! For my "good morning, sunshine" print, I made the background slightly off-white to make it look a little classier than a bright white print.

Then I went to Dollar Tree, got 2 gold frames for $2, and that's it! Awesome gallery wall art for only $4 each. I'm so excited to put it all together!

No comments:

Post a Comment