Saturday, July 25, 2015

LIFE HACKS: DRY SHAMPOO

The other day before work, I had a minor freakout. My roots were really oily, but I didn't have time to wash my hair before work. Normally, I use my TREsemme dry shampoo and style as usual. When I went to spray it, IT WAS EMPTY.

I was not in the mood to walk around like a grease ball, but as per usual, Pinterest/the internet came to my rescue. 

You can use CORNSTARCH.


All you have to do to apply is take an old fluffy makeup brush, and apply the cornstarch to the greasy areas of your hair. (For me it's usually my roots!) Then wait a few minutes, and brush it out!

The cornstarch totally absorbs the extra oil and will get you through the day. Sometimes I like to brush it out rigorously with my fingers, to try and get a little volume while I de-grease. 


Make sure you get all the cornstarch out, because you don't want to walk around with white hair! I have light hair, but if you have darker hair you can add a little cocoa powder to mask the color. It sounds weird, but I swear this stuff works wonders!

It's also way more natural than the aerosol cans of dry shampoo, so I'm considering making this switch permanently. Good luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment